The purpose of a nutritional consultation is to collect and review your personal information that is unique to your physiology. Based on that information, personalized recommendations about your nutritional status and potential need for supplementation will be reviewed and discussed with you. The total investment for this group of services is $50.00, including the gathering of all information, testing, and consultation with the doctor, which can typically be done within the span of forty-five (45) minutes.
On the day of your appointment, you will return a completed Healthy Living Questionnaire, and be prepared to complete a Bioimpedence Analysis (BIA). Additionally, please give some thought in advance, and be ready to discuss your primary concerns/health challenges and/or share your health related goals (please see below for further details). During this visit we will also gather your vitals, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, pulse O2, and salivary pH.
About Bioimpedence Analysis (BIA)
Bioimpedence analysis (BIA) is a reliable method of measuring body composition values. These objective “biological markers” are used to set reasonable goals, and for follow-up comparison testing. Over 100 independent studies, conducted by researchers over the past 20 years, have demonstrated that BIA can provide an accurate and clinically useful assessment of body composition.
FOR THE MOST ACCURATE BIA RESULTS PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES BELOW:
- Do not eat 4 hours prior to testing
- Do not exercise for 12 hours prior to testing
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours prior to testing
- Drink at least 1 quart of water, one hour before your test (you may void as needed).
- Do not drink caffeine the day of your test
- Do not wear pantyhose
FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION
- What health goals, objectives, and direction are important to you?
- Is there an area of health that is of concern to you or you feel needs improvement?
- What time frame is relevant for you? Please consider both short and long term…
- What have you tried so far?
- What has and has not worked for you in the past?